Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Can't-Wait Wednesday: Speak Easy, Speak Love by McKelle George

Can't-Wait Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted at Wishful Endings, to spotlight and talk about the books we're excited about that we have yet to read. It's based on Waiting On Wednesday hosted at Breaking the Spine.



Speak Easy, Speak Love by McKelle George 
Expected publication: September 19th 2017 by Greenwillow Books

Six teenagers’ lives intertwine during one thrilling summer full of romantic misunderstandings and dangerous deals in this sparkling retelling of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing.

After she gets kicked out of boarding school, seventeen-year-old Beatrice goes to her uncle’s estate on Long Island. But Hey Nonny Nonny is more than just a rundown old mansion. Beatrice’s cousin, Hero, runs a struggling speakeasy out of the basement—one that might not survive the summer. Along with Prince, a poor young man determined to prove his worth; his brother John, a dark and dangerous agent of the local mob; Benedick, a handsome trust-fund kid trying to become a writer; and Maggie, a beautiful and talented singer; Beatrice and Hero throw all their efforts into planning a massive party to save the speakeasy. Despite all their worries, the summer is beautiful, love is in the air, and Beatrice and Benedick are caught up in a romantic battle of wits that their friends might be quietly orchestrating in the background.

Hilariously clever and utterly charming, McKelle George’s debut novel is full of intrigue and 1920s charm. For fans of Jenny Han, Stephanie Perkins, and Anna Godbersen.


This book just sounds really awesome. A retelling of Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing + 1920's... Do I need to say more? 



13 comments:

  1. Yep. Totally have this one on my TBR. Summer, retelling, historical -- so many good things wrapped up in one book. Great pick!
    Sam @ WLABB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh! What a gorgeous cover! I love retellings so I may have to check this one out! I hope you enjoy it!

    Here's my can't-wait read!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 1920's element. Sounds like a good read and what a catchy cover!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, definitely an interesting retelling! Man, and that cover is pretty amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might wait on some reviews before I decide to pick this one up or not. I hope you enjoy it! Have a great week!

    CWW
    Sandy @ Somewhere Only We Know

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a new one to me, and it sounds good! Thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    Check out my CWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not too familiar with Much Ado About Nothing, which needs to be fixed! The plot of this sounds really fun, and I love the 1920s element to it. Plus, I'm a massive fan of Jenny Han, which the book did say was for fans for. Let's hope they are actually right!

    Here is my WoW for the week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great pick! I saw this one last week and added it to my TBR list. It sounds like a great read. I hope you enjoy it!

    My Wow: http://jacquesbooknook.blogspot.com/2017/05/waiting-on-wednesday-starlight-nights.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH WOW! What a great cover! I don't usually read books set in the 1900s but I may need to make an exception. I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it!

    Have a fantastic week, Stephanie. =)

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cover is like ADD ME TO YOUR TBR :D I think I will haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh! Such a beautiful cover! Great pick!

    Here’s my WoW!

    Ronyell @ Rabbit Ears Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooh sounds really awesome and great cover! Great pick!!
    Here's my Can't Wait Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow that cover is truly captivating! And it's a Shakespeare retelling which makes it even cooler! I hadn't heard of this book before, so thank you for introducing it to me!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥