Thursday, January 1, 2015

End of Year Book Survey 2014!

The End of Year Book Survey is hosted by Jamie @ The Perpetual Page Turner


reading-stats-2014

Number Of Books You Read: 188
Number of Re-Reads: 4
Genre You Read The Most From: YA
(any subgenre in it)

 best-YA-books-2014

1. Best Book You Read In 2014?

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult
I'm not even going to break it down into genres like I usually do because this was by far the best book I read this year. It was my first Jodi Picoult book and it touched me beyond measure.


2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

Almost everyone seemed to love this book but I just thought it kinda sucked.


 3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read in 2014? 

The Sea of Monsters by Rick Riordan

Surprising in a good way because although I did like the first Percy Jackson book I didn't love it and then I read The Sea of Monsters and loved that one so yeah... pretty surprising!


 4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did) In 2014?

Phantom's Dance by Lesa Howard

Because I love it and I'm working for the author so of course! ;)


 5. Best series you started in 2014? 

Stage Dive series by Kylie Scott


I wasn't a big fan of the series until the second book, Play (go Mal!) but now it's a top favorite of mine. Love the Stage Dive guys!


Best Sequel of 2014? 

Nearly Mended by Devon Ashley

Another example of how the first book wasn't a favorite of mine and the second one ending up being totally amazing. Can't wait for the final book!


Best Series Ender of 2014?

City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare

What else, right?!


 6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2014?

So far I have only read Leaving Time, Where There's SmokeLarger Than Life and Between the Lines but she's definitely my favorite new author that I discovered in 2014!


7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

I never read books by Picoult before, I'm not much into her genre... until Leaving Time. Soooo amazing (as if that wasn't obvious yet ;D)


 8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?

The Maze Runner by James Dahsner

Read it in only a day so yeah... pretty unputdownable!


 9. Book You Read In 2014 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?

The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I'd like to re-read it so I can review it.


10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2014?


I'm simply obsessed with this cover!


11. Most memorable character of 2014?

Tink from Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout

I'm convinced it's the best character JLA has created so far. He's freaking hilarious!


 12. Most beautifully written book read in 2014?

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

No explanation needed here. :)


13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2014?

Leaving Time by Jodi Picoult

I'm mentioning Leaving Time and Jodi Picoult a lot apparently but, really guys, this book! Definitely thought-provoking!


 14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2014 to finally read? 


I know, I know... I'm so slow with this series but the lenght of three other books intimidates me a bit. But so far the 4th is my favorite.


 15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2014?





16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read In 2013?

Shortest - 11 pages: 

Longest - 819 pages: 
A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin 


 17. Book That Shocked You The Most

Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer

A certain character's death was so shocking to me. *cries*


18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship!)

Megan and Zander from the Nearly series by Devon Ashley

Because I'm weird like that.


19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year

Juliette and Kenji from the Shatter Me series

I love how they became such great friends!


20. Favorite Book You Read in 2014 From An Author You’ve Read Previously

The Hangman's Revolution by Eoin Colfer

Duh.


21. Best Book You Read In 2014 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure

Beautiful Bastard by Christina Lauren

Such a good book!


22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2014?

Zeus, Odin and Thor from Taken Hostage by Hunky Bank Robbers series by Annika Martin

Oh my! Love these guys!


23. Best 2014 debut you read?

To be honest, I've read a few 2014 debuts but they weren't really that great so it's not worth it to mention them.


24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?

Winterspell by Claire Legrand

Just stunning!


25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?

Play by Kylie Scott

MAL MAL MAL MAL! :D


26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2014?

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Some scenes made me really cry.


27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?

Summerfall by Claire Legrand

I liked it even more than Winterspell!


28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Yeah...


29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2014?


Because it was a collection of short stories about Pompeii but they formed one story overall and that was pretty amazing.


30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?

Sacrifice by Brigid Kemmerer

I loved this book but the death of one of my favorite characters made me kind of mad...

.

book-blogging

1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2014? 

I really couldn't pick just one so there are a couple...



2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2014? 

A Day of Fire: a novel of Pompeii 

It's my favorite because I reviewed each story in it, although they all make one story in the end.


3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?

I loved my author interview with Lesa Howard.


4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?

Boekenbeurs (book fair) 2014 in Antwerp where I met Cassandra Clare and Holly Black! I never thought they'd ever come to Belgium so it was a really awesome day. 


5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014?

In September I got hired as the virtual assistant of Lesa Howard, author of Phantom's Dance. It's been awesome so far and I still love doing it. Sooo yes, that's probably the best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2014, that and of course meeting Cassandra and Holly.


7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?

I'm gussing my third blogoversary celebration giveaway.


8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?

Any review and/or author interview posts.


9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?

I have to pass on this question because aside from blogs I didn't really discover any new book related sites or stores.


10.  Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?

I completed my 2014 Reading Challenge on Goodreads.


looking-ahead-books-2015

1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2014 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2015?


I love the Percy Jackson books but I just couldn't get to #4 yet. In this new year it's so on!


2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2015 (non-debut)?

Burned by Karen Marie Moning

There are no words for how excited I am about this book. It's been more than two years since the last book so this is huge!


3. 2015 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?

An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

The cover looks gorgeous, the description sounds fantastic... Just ahhhh 


 4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2015?

The Ruby Circle by Richelle Mead

It will be sad to see this series end but I'm looking forward to one last book with Adrian. *sniffles*


5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2015?

The one thing coming to mind right now is finally reading Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover when I get my hands on it.


6. A 2015 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge

I liked this one even more than Cruel Beauty. It was awesome!

--









2 comments:

  1. Great list, Stephanie! I'm both happy and sad about Ruby Circle, I don't want the Bloodlines series to end, but I really want to see how Adrian and Sydney will manage with everything going on in their world.

    Happy New Year! I hope 2015 will be an amazing year for you :)

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It's a double feeling. Excited about Adrian and Sydney and yet sad that the series is coming to an end.

      Thanks for stopping by, Lexxie, and happy new year to you too! :)

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥