Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Waiting On Wednesday: Last Shadow by Pepper Winters

Waiting On Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking The Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
--




Last Shadow by Pepper Winters
Expected publication: April 2014
“My life wasn’t perfect but at least it was mine. Now, I live in hell and owned by others. I fell for a guy who promised me the world and sold me for five kilos of cocaine. I want nothing more than to end this existence of abuse and slavery. I’m not weak. I’m not giving up. I’m just done.”

Owned. Possessed. Used.

Lyric is a whore. After three years as a pawn in a high class game of bastards and sex, she’s had enough. Every hope and dream she’s ever had is inked on her skin—a reminder of why she should stay alive. But she’s lost all hope and the moment she runs out of flesh to tattoo, Lyric will find freedom. Freedom by death. As her last breath fast approaches, she needs nothing and no one…until him.

Kage was born to be one thing: a killer. Trained from birth, he’s an expert in blood and extermination—the last shadow his victims ever see. He’s the best at his profession; a ruthless, unfeeling assassin. He needs nothing and no-one…until her.

A man who lives to kill and a woman who wants to die. A serendipitous match…or so they thought.

*****

A New Adult Dark Contemporary Romance, not suitable for people sensitive to slavery, cruelty, and non-consensual sex. A story about a killer with no remorse, a woman living in nightmares, and a future that binds them in servitude.




Knowing Pepper's other books, I have a feeling this one will be so good!

That blurb is just... wow! I can't wait. Give this book to me already!

 photo tumblr_m6e44hM18v1ryj6qoo1_400_zpsdd753e3d.gif

And she seems to have a thing with hard backs covers. I like it! ;)





What's your WOW pick of the week?
Leave me links to your post!


8 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's for me, but I hope you get to read it soon! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yes!!!! This book is on my auto-buy list!!! I love her Monsters in the Dark Series!!

    Great picks!

    Mikki @A Bookish Escape

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, i haven't heard or the book or author before, however i am liking that cover. Maybe i need to look into her work a bit more now! Thanks for posting :)

    Sanna @Fanciful Fictions

    ReplyDelete
  4. I havent heard of this book but the cover --- I need to cehck it out!

    Check out our WOW.

    Also check out our Kindle Giveaway along with OUAT 4 year Giveaway and Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover giveaway.

    Leydy @OUaT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of this book, or that author before! Great pick, though, because that sounds fab.

    Stop by my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sounds great! I had to add it to by TBR list, thanks for sharing :)
    My WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥