Thursday, December 26, 2013

Throwback Thursday #16: In a Treacherous Court by Michelle Diener

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:



Title: In A Treacherous Court
Author: Michelle Diener
Series: Susanna Horenbout and John Parker #1
Publication: August 2nd 2011 by Gallery Books, Simon & Schuster
5 Stars!

An unconventional woman. A deadly enemy. A clash of intrigue, deception, and desire. . . . 

1525: Artist Susanna Horenbout is sent from Belgium to be Henry VIII's personal illuminator inside the royal palace. But her new homeland greets her with an attempt on her life, and the King's most lethal courtier, John Parker, is charged with keeping her safe. As further attacks are made, Susanna and Parker realize that she unknowingly carries the key to a bloody plot against the throne. For while Richard de la Pole amasses troops in France for a Yorkist invasion, a traitor prepares to trample the kingdom from within.

Who is the mastermind? Why are men vying to kill the woman Parker protects with his life? With a motley gang of urchins, Susanna's wits, and Parker's fierce instincts, honed on the streets and in palace chambers, the two slash through deadly layers of deceit in a race against time. For in the court of Henry VIII, secrets are the last to die. . . .

Brilliantly revealing a little-known historical figure who lived among the Tudors, Michelle Diener makes a smashing historical fiction debut.





I read this book when I got send review copies of this and two other of Michelle Diener. I can say I was hooked right away and that I had found my favorite historical fiction author. This book specially is very special to me because it featured a woman from my country, Belgium, who has actually excisted back then. And aside from that I just love this book so so much!




Activity of this week:

Take a picture of your current read or the latest book you got by the christmas tree




I actually took a picture with the book IN the christmas tree. There was no other room elsewhere. lol.

Paranormalcy (Paranormalcy #1) by Kiersten White

I got this for christmas. Thanks, mom! 
I've wanted this book for a while now because it's the only series by Kiersten White I haven't read yet. I love her books! <3




How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)









3 comments:

  1. Yay! Paranormalcy! I see that you got the only one that I can say is awesome. ;P This looks like a good read - and it's the first time I can remember you not choosing an Eoin book for this feature! I'll have to check this one out, then. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never read anything by Michelle Diener- but you have sold me on this one! I will have to read it because I love HF set in the time period with Henry the VIII. Thanks for the introduction. :)
    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥