Thursday, November 7, 2013

Throwback Thursday #11

Throwback Thursday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by me and Christina @ Booksane where we feature books that we've read in the past but are still crazy about. It could be a book you read as a child and still remember and love or maybe just a book that you haven't read in a long time and want to show your love for.
Each week we'll be featuring a new random question to answer!



My Throwback pick of the week:


The Arctic Incident (Artemis Fowl #2) by Eoin Colfer
Published December 1st 2007 by Puffin Books (first published January 1st 2001)


Artemis is at boarding school in Ireland when he suddenly receives an urgent video-email from Russia. In it is a plea from a man who has been kidnapped by the Russian Mafiya: his father. As Artemis rushes to the rescue, he is stopped by captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon fairy police. But this time, instead of battling the fairies, he is going to have to join forces with them if he wants to save one of the few people in the world he loves.





So I'm featuring the second book in the Artemis Fowl series. Just like the first book I loved this one too. It was nice to see how Artemis made a deal with Holly to try and safe his father. Also it was set for a part in Russia. Gotta love that.




Quote from The Arctic Incident:
"I'm not threatening you. I'm just informing you of police procedure. If you continue to obstruct me, I remove the obstruction, in this case you, and proceed to the next command."





Question of this week:

What is your favorite season?


Fall is definitely my favorite season.
I love the falling of the leaves and the beautiful colors.


In the fall there's our annual book fair in Antwerp that I love going to. I'm always so looking forward to going. There are lots of authors to be seen there and even some that are international. I actually should be seeing Lauren Kate coming saturday. Woop! Woop!



Also, my birthday falls in the late fall, a week before christmas on the 16th of December. Another reason why I love it. ^_^





How about you?
Answer in the comment section!

--

If you'd like to participate in Throwback Thursday you can add your post to the linky below. Feel free to add a favorite quote of the book you're spotlighting as well in your post. :)










3 comments:

  1. Tee hee! This series sounds really interesting - you mentioned it earlier, right? I might have to check it out! In answer the question, my favorite season is actually Spring/Summer. I would rather it be warm outside than "crisp" which is the word I always hear to describe cool. LOL. Lovely post, girly! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually that was another series by this author. But Artemis Fowl is my favorite series EVER! :D

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥