Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels

Top Ten Tuesdays is a meme hosted by The Broke and Bookish that features a new topic each week where we have to put down our top ten of it.




This week's topic:
Top Ten Books I Wish Could Have Had Sequels




10. Loverboys by Helen Vreeswijk


Once upon a time way before I discovered the joys of reading English books I read a lot of books by Flemish or Dutch authors. Helen Vreeswijk used to be my favorite. Her stories fall in the genre of crime and thriller (so very different from the stuff I read nowadays) are all based on real events from her time with the police as fingerprint expert. My favorite of her books was Loverboys. It was such a gripping and sad story, I ended up rereading it all the time. Normally I wouldn't put Dutch books on my blog but I think it deserves a spot. I've always wanted a sequel of it.


9. Taste by Kate Evangelista


Taste was my very first zombie book and although not the best ever, I quite liked it. The girl didn't end up with the one I wanted so I would've loved to read a sequel of it. Maybe someday?


8. Stolen Away by Alyxandra Harvey


People who know me well know I'm a huge fan of Alyxandra Harvey. Stolen Away was a lovely story about faeries that I just need a sequel of. 


7. Invasion by A. Star


The ending of this book by A. Star (a.k.a. Diantha Jones) is begging for a sequel because it was just too sad. Really liked the story though. Love alien books!


6. The Chaos of Stars by Kiersten White


I'm hoping with all my heart this someday gets a sequel because it's been one of my favorite books I've read this year (I was lucky to get an e-arc of it on Edelweiss). + it has Egyptian mythology and I'm just so fascinated with it.


5. Christabel by Suzanne Sullivan


I can't stop raving about this book. It was SO damn good! I actually really want to reread it. Anyway, this needs a sequel badly. I need to know what's going to happen to Christabel now!


4. The Orange Trees of Versailles by Annie Pietri


This book is one of my ultimate favorites. I read it as a child in Dutch and also last year in English. It's original language is French but I really like the english translation of it. Beautiful! I've always wanted a sequel of it.


3. Tiger Lily by Jodi Lynn Anderson


Most beautiful book ever? Definitely. Do I want a sequel badly? Heck yes!


2. Airman by Eoin Colfer


I would jump up in the air if it was announced that Airman would get a sequel. Eoin Colfer is my favorite author ever and this book was amazing! Unfortunately I have heard no sequel for it are in the making. Come on, Eoin, just do it! :(


1. The Host by Stephenie Meyer


So, yeah, before you all go saying that The Host is getting a sequel... as long as I don't see it announced of Meyer's website I don't believe it. I do hope one comes because this has been my favorite book for so long. I need more Ian!




What's your top ten?
Leave me links to your posts!



2 comments:

  1. The Host! I agree completely! The ending was just...sigh...
    Meyer said she might write a sequel though!(:

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read and enjoyed Tiger Lily as well and would really be interested in getting the chance to see Tinker Bell or Tiger Lily again - especially Tinker Bell with other fairies! I think that would be really interesting to read about!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts! ♥