Sunday, November 4, 2012

Author Interview with Beth Bares!



I'm so pleased to have Beth Bares, the author of the Dreams Trilogy, join me here on Bookfever for an interview!
If you would like to check out my review of Dreams of Reality, you can do it here.
Now on to the interview... :D




Welcome to Bookfever, Beth and thanks so much for doing this interview with me!  


You are so welcome and thanks for having me. I really appreciate the opportunity. 



1. Who or what inspired you to write The Dreams Trilogy?


Actually my inspiration came in the form of a hurricane. My family and I were stuck without electricity for more than a few days and unfortunately, I didn’t have any new books to keep me company, so I decided to write my own book. Haha. I found a pen and a notebook and to my surprise, the words started flowing. When the electricity was restored, I transferred my notebook to my computer and kept writing. It has been so much fun.



2.  Is there a message in your novels that you want your readers to grasp?

Even though the individuals in my books have paranormal characteristics, their story isn’t about what they can and can’t do – magically or physically. It’s about being accepted for who you are. Everyone is looking for that special someone to love and care for. Imagine how boring life would be if we were all the same.


3. What was the hardest part of writing your books? 

The hardest part for me was the ending.  I can tell you, I rewrote the ending more than a few times.


4. Do you have any favorite characters in your books, if so, who and why? 

Wow, that’s a hard one.  I love all of my characters.  They are sincere, caring, cocky, funny and full of them selves.  But I guess my favorite is my heroine, Elizabeth.  She grows up a lot in the series.  Her life is centering around one thing, her writing.  In the series, Elizabeth is a best selling paranormal romance author.  She lives her life through her stories, has no social life and has never dated, much less have a relationship.  She is very independent and stubborn.  If you’ll pardon the cliché, she really does come full circle and blossoms into an incredibly strong and delicate young lady.


5. What was one of the most surprising things you learned in creating your books?

This is a really good question and also a very funny one.  Actually the most surprising thing was getting my characters to be quiet.  I know that statement should be sending the men in white coats after me, but it’s true.  I didn’t start out wanting to write a series.  Finally by the time I was three fourths of the way finished with the third and final book, my characters were barely whispering.  haha 


6. What would you say is your interesting writing quirk?

I love to eat sunflower seeds while I write.  Of course, there has to be music.  I usually put on Rob Thomas, Bruce Springstein or some soft Motown.  


7. Which authors influence you the most?

I’ve come across so really exciting new authors in the last couple of years that have been a big influence in completing the series. I love the Dorthea Benton Frank, Colleen Hoover, Sylvain Reynard and S.C. Stephens.


8. What do you think makes a good story?

I hate reading predictability.  The characters need to have more to say or do, other then just a problem that needs to be solved in order to live happily ever after.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m all for the sweet endings and chick lit beach reads, but I love, heartfelt, boulder on your chest, turning the page and saying outloud…WHAT?! ..kind of books.  Those are the ones that keep me awake til 3 in the morning!


9. Which author would you love to co-author a book with someday?

Colleen Hoover or S.C. Stephens.  I think these two new authors are going to long time best selling authors.  I love their style of story-telling.


10. What three books would you recommend people to read?

Colleen Hoover – Slammed and Point of Retreat



S.C. Stephens – Thoughtless and Effortless



















Sylvain Reynard – Gabriels Inferno and Gabriels Rapture





Opps….that’s more than three.  haha



Thank you again for this really great interview. I enjoyed it a lot!

Anytime Stephanie.  Thanks for having me and also…thanks for all you do for us authors.  Your support is appreciated more than you know.



--

1 comment:

Share your thoughts! ♥