Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Teaser Tuesdays #39: The Murders in the Rue Morgue


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.




My teaser: 
I reached out my hand, and it fell heavenly upon something damp and hard. There I suffered it to remain for many minutes, while I strove to imagine where and what I could be. I longed yet dared not to employ my vision. I dreaded the first glance at objects around me. It was not that I feared to look upon things horrible, but that I grew aghast lest there should be nothing to see.

-page 116, The Pit and the Pendulum



~The Murders in the Rue Morgue and other stories by Edgar Allan Poe
Hardcover, 330 pages
Published by Konemann (first published April 4th 1841)
"Of Madame L'Espanaye no traces where here seen; but an unusual quantity of soot being observed in the fireplace, a search was made in the chimney, and (horrible to relate!) the corpse of the daughter, head downward, was dragged therefrom."
Fourteen classic tales by the grand master of mystery and horror.











Anyone can participate in Teaser Tuesdays. Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

8 comments:

  1. Oh, I love Edgar Allen Poe, and The Pit and the Pendulum was my favorite! Thanks for sharing.

    Here's MY TUESDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Pit and the Pendulum is one of my favorites too now.
      Thanks for stopping by! :]

      Delete
  2. Creepy teaser, Edgar Allen Poe is a great choice! Check out my teaser @ This Is How It's Supposed To Be

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read Poe in many years, I need to pick up some of his work!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect teaser choice for Halloween! I need to reread these classic stories.
    My Teaser is from REMEMBER ME?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! :D
      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Share your thoughts! ♥